Good news – the family history about the Flemings of Derby Township is nearly ready for the printer. We expect to ship the book in late October 2022 (changed from early).
The book is a comprehensive account of the family of Alexander Fleming and Jean Stewart who emigrated from Perthshire to Canada West in 1843 and settled in Derby Township, Grey County, in 1850. Their stories show the spirit and resolve of the Scottish migrants to shape lives with more opportunities for their children. This narrative describes the Flemings’ Scottish roots, the perils of emigration, pioneering life in Derby Township, Grey County, and the lives of their nine children and grandchildren around the turn of the century as they undertook new travels and challenges.
Sources include Ruth (Fleming) Larmour’s extensive collection of stories and papers, contributions by other Fleming descendants, genealogical records, land records, and many other historical sources in archives and libraries. This wealth of information led to a large book that is richly illustrated, extensively sourced, and complete with name index and subject index. The table of contents will provide a view of the coverage in this book.
This is a limited edition with a pre-publication price of $70 Canadian (plus shipping if needed) payable by cheque or etransfer. Please order by August 8 (changed from July 25, 2022), if you would like a copy at this favourable price.
Why would you buy this book?
- Alexander Fleming and Jean Stewart are in your family tree.
- One of your ancestors came to Canada from the Scottish Highlands in the 1800s.
- You would like to learn more about the Fleming Family of Kilsyth and Owen Sound, Grey County.
- You are interested in pioneer life in Ontario in the 1800s.
- Your family lived in Vaughan Township, Derby Township, or Owen Sound in the 1800s.
- You enjoy reading family histories with illustrations and personal accounts from the times.
Contact us through the button in the menu bar or by posting a comment.